Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Tapering!

Another couple of weeks have just slipped away. After another couple of solid weeks training I am now tapering for Fitzroy Falls. I finsihed my last long run on Sunday with a nasty fall, so I am now carrying a few scratches, bruises and a swallon knee. Otherwise I feel very relaxed about FF, I have completed all the training, feeling pretty strong, no injuries and with no pressure (well as much as I can).

Next week I will have to be very disciplined with my diet and ensure I eat regularly and ensure I eat all my snacks that I often skip (forget). However, I have been given medical advice not to carbo load and focus on maintaining my energy levels through the event. Fortunately, I used W2B and Glasshouse (30km) to experiement with maintaining my energy levels, so I should be okay.

5 comments:

Spud said...

All the best for Fitzroy Bernie.
Hope you have a blinder!

2P said...

Sounds like FF is going to be a good race for you Bernie.

Anonymous said...

You looked great when we saw you at the birthday bash - very fit and healthy!

All the best for FF.

wt

TA and the Gnome said...

All the best for FF and good luck with the new eating strategy.

TA

Jen said...

Best of luck at FF