Monday, June 04, 2007

Holidays and Head Spins

31 May 2007

After a strict diet of clear fluids I was actually looking forward to just getting to the hospital and getting into surgery. I had to be there at midday but didn't get to theatre until 5:45pm so it was a really long day. The good news I got the all clear and a resting heart rate to be proud off.

1 June 2007

Rest day and my last day of work for six weeks.

2 June 2007

Another rest day, but had volunteered to assist at the Striders 10k race with registrations and time keeping. Razor was awesome and Blue Dog is definitely in great form.

3 June 2007

Today was my first post-surgery run. I still didn’t feel 100% but as usual I was getting itchy feet. I had arranged to meet Katie at the Striders STAR with a plan to run then walk the shorter STAR option. We ran for just over 7km and then walked approx. 8km, it was really nice but unfortunately we missed the spectacular scenery of the “10 Brigades STAR”.

It had been a while since I had been to STAR and today reminded me just how good they are, there are some definite plans to get back into the routine of running them regularly. Lots of good wishes were received today for our pending trip to the USA and Blue Dog’s forthcoming WS100 mile race.

4 June 2007

Today is my first day of Annual Leave, but I was out the door at 6.30 am from my run. As I was getting dressed for my run I still felt a little light headed so I thought I would just take it easy. During my run I felt like I was just going up and down in the one spot, however I did manage an average pace of 5:30/km for 11km (a little too quick than the suggested program). I now feeling really flat, and Blue Dog has pleasantly reminded me that I should still be taking it easy.

Today I am off to the RPA with my mother who will undergo some tests, prior to her liver surgery this week. It will be a pretty anxious couple of days.

7 comments:

Harley Warren said...

Please pass on our regards to your Mum Bernie, Katie and me hope that everything goes well for her.

Lulu said...

Good to hear you have the all clear. I hope all goes well with your mother's surgery. We'll be thinking of you.

Katie said...

You know what I think about you.... your a super star!!! Thanks for the company...I had a great morning! Give your mum a hug and there are lots of good thoughts coming her way!!!!

6:30amm??? YOUR ON HOLIDAY!!! your a mad bugger!

did you get your tips last night on how to serve...I took notes ;-)

Amanda said...

Hi Bernie,

Not exactly sure what name I am logging in under, but it should make sense! Best wishes to you and your mum for her surgery and tests. Hope all goes well. I will be thinking of you both.

A

Tesso said...

Good pace considering you felt like you were running on the spot!

Sending good thoughts for you mum.

TA and the Gnome said...

Hope your recovery continues to go well and all the best for your Mum.

Have a great time away. Enjoy both the holiday and the race.

TA

Superflake said...

Hope your Mum's surgery goes well Bernie. Have a good holiday and try and keep Blue Dog's mum in the kennel for a while. She needs to get some more teeth.