Monday, March 05, 2007

Are we there yet?

1 March

Another "relaxed" day was on the agenda, 4Km Fartlek. By the time we had warmed up Sean had set up the 1km loop and then gave us all our instructions to run relaxed and focus on our up coming races. I settled into a nice pace and just enjoyed the session, even resisting the temptation of overtake people. As I ran past Sean he reminded me to keep it relaxed, as I picked up the pace a little more than I should. After a cool down I had good chat to Sean in regards to my preparation and how I was feeling. Walked away feeling on top of the world.

2 March

Today I had an unplanned rest day. I had planned on running after work, but after a hectic day followed by grocery shopping and then news that my mother was in hospital I just decided a rest day would probably give me just a much benefit.

3 March

I was advised not to race the Striders 10k and just save myself for the big one, so I arrived feeling very relaxing about the whole run. I meet up with Kerry (CR Roses) and we decided to run together. We had a great run and just chattered the whole way around the course, yelling encouragement to our fellow runners as they went past. By the time we had commenced the second lap I was surprised by the number of people we passed. I finished in a time of 53:10 minutes which felt very comfortable and it was a great run with great company.

Later in the afternoon Katie and Ray came over so with the assistant of Blue Dog we had a photo shoot of the six foot gear. Very funny, but I am happy/disappointed a few shots got edited.





(The catalogue can now be viewed on CR)

This was then followed by a nice pre-six foot dinner with a few fellow runners and those that have supported us six footers throughout all the training.

4 March

In the theme of tapering Katie and I only had an hour on program and we were given strict instructions to keep it easy. So we meeting up with the usual gang at 6.30 and did a nice easy run, 10km in just under an hour (5:56/km pace). We spotted Sean a couple of times who reminded us to keep it easy and it was.

I spent afternoon going through previous 6 Foot results and reviewing my training and race times, and looking over the splits from last years race and the training runs I have completed on the course. I have set a goal time that I believe is realistic and discussed it with Blue Dog.

10 comments:

2P said...

5 sleep to go ;-)

Hope your Mum is ok.

Tesso said...

Gulp! Its getting so close now. Enjoy your week.

Great photo shoot. So, will you get out of bed for less than $10000 a day ;-)

Brendan said...

You lot are a bloody scream! Where do I get some of those pills you gave dog just before the photo shoot!

Superflake said...

Good luck at Six Foot Bernie. Hope the goal is achieved without too much pain. See you at the tree.

Harley Warren said...

I like the countdown, a little like Independence day (the movie). Your going to kill that track. Just think how good you will look in: Stylish T. and cap.

Katie said...

Hahahahahaaha.... what a crack up! Love your work Miss B!!!

It has been an absoulte pleasure training with you and I can not wait for our big finale!! We are going to have a great day and I am dreaming about 6 tiomes fried chips mmmmmmmm!

miners said...

Glad to see your prep is going well Bernie - best of luck for the last few days in cotton wool

(love the photo shoot)

Don Juan said...

Best wishes Bernie for six foot. It'll be a walk in the park.

Pass on my regards to mother-in-law Blue Dog's Mum. She'll fly around the course.

Jen said...

Good luck for Saturday Bernie. You've had a fantastic preparation & will have a wonderful race & (I predict) a huge PB.

Becky O said...

Good luck Bernie, you've been looking very strong lately and I hope you have a fun race.