Friday, February 10, 2006

Change of Focus

6 February 2006

Rest Day. After stressful and long day at work I even gave my usual swim a miss.

7 February 2006

Another long day at work so I decided it was probably safer to run on the treadmill than the park. When I arrived the gym was packed, not one piece of cardio equipment available. I decided to do my usual glute, abductor and adductor exercises first. Bingo, a treadmill became available.

I did a total of 9.5km which included warm and the following reps;
1 x 4.50
1 x 4.42
1 x 4.50
1 x 4.50
1 x 4.35

This was followed with crunches and stretching.

8 February 2006

20km with the MTG. Felt pretty good troughout the run. Kept at an average pace of 5.30/km. I ran without my fuel belt, as I have get use to not having water accessible. Finished pretty strong with nice sprint finish with Bec at the end. Legs felt pretty good.

9 February 2006

In my quest to regain some lost speed I ran my first 5000m race on the track. I finished 24.56 which is 1.06 off my PB, but I was happy given I have done no speedwork and ran this on the back of a 20km run the day before. I got a little confused with my lap count and thought I was on my last lap, only to find out I had another lap to go. Luckily the guy behind me called out. I then I had to try and maintain my big finish for 800m rather than 400m.

Ran into a bit of head wind for 50% of the track.

I am guilty of no cool down and a very limited warm up.

Total distance: 6km.

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Good on you in that track race. How much harder or easier than a road run? I'm contemplating doing my first at the end of the month. Like you I'm bound to lose count though!

Katie said...

Hello Miss Bernie!!!
Thanks for your support I really appreciated it! Feeling much better today.. back to the usual me :-)

That is a great effort on the track after a 20km run the day before! I would not worry at all, you wait to your taper you will FLY!!

I look forward to keeping in contact through your blog... hard to catch up sometimes!