Wednesday, February 15, 2006


Where did the week go......

10 February 2006

Headed to the gym and completed 10km on the treadmill with an average pace of 5.13/km. I didn't feel too bad considering, and deliberately pushed myself a little harder, needing to step outside comfort zone. a

Strength exercises:

3 x glute (15 reps)
3 x chest press (15 reps)
3 x back row (15 reps)
3 x leg press (15 reps)
ab machine 4 sets of 50

11 February 2006

My first sleep in for ages. Blue Dog and I decided on a leisurely walk and had a beautiful breakfast on the beach. Total distance of 4km.

Headed to the gym in the afternoon for a session in the steam and couple of laps.

12 February 2006


Sydney Striders Equaliser. I had an absolute shocker. The only positive thing I can say is I ran the down hills well. I am usually very timid on the down hills. I was hoping on last years time of 1:25:51 but I ran 1:26:55. At least the pattern is consistent. Had planned on running 4km at the end to get a total of 20km at the end, but that didn't happen.

Spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing at our friends place in their spa and pool. It's a tough life.

13 February 2006

Abolsolutely nothing, and it felt good.

14 February 2006

While everybody else was celebrating a romantic St Valentine's Day, Blue Dog and I stuck to the plan and completed a Mona's session. I did a 3km warm up then got stuck into it. I always have to mentally prepare for a Mona's session, gee they hurt. I didn't do too bad considering my current form. Finished with a 2km warm down. Total distance: 9km

15 February 2006

MTG. The plan was 20km, but I decided on 10km which felt pretty good, at an average pace of 5.37/km which includes having to stop and give assistance to one of my running buddies who had a nasty fall.

16 February 2006

I headed over to the track for the 3000m. After discussing pacing with Blue Dog during the day I though 4.45/km would be very nice. To my surprise if finished in 14.14 with an average pace of 4.41/km with the following splits.

4.46
4.39
4.40

Sorry I was pretty happy.

Total kms: 6km.

I think I need to increase the warm-up and cool-down.

17 & 18 February 2006

Rest days or mini taper if you like. I am running 6 Foot again on Monday, 20 February 2006 so I would like to freshen the legs up.

19 February 2006

Decided a sleep in would be nice and to run locally. Blue Dog suggested a Mona's session as he believed we would recover well for tomorrow. I ran a 3km warm up and was bloody hot, I knew this was going to be tough. I felt quite dizzy through the session and achieved my goal of finishing. It was my second worst effort I have recorded. I then stuck my head under a nice cool tap, and stood in the shade to cool down a little. I decided to walk home as my cool down.

Total session: 6.82kms

I will now rest for the afternoon and enjoy tomorrow's adventure.



2 comments:

Tesso said...

Oh how romantic, doing a Mona Fartlek session on Valentine's Day :-) I hope the Dog is planning to make up for it with a special celebration post 6ft Track.

Enjoy your 'adventure' tomorrow. You are going to know the course back to front at this rate!

2P said...

Enjoy your adventure Bernie - bit hot out on the track too - take it easy ;-)