Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Six Foot Track

Arrived at Katoomba Emergency Services Centre to meet Professor, Truckie and Eagle, which is about 1.5kms for the start. It was dark when we left, so we thought by the time we walked the start there would be a little more daylight. This didn't happen. Blue Dog suggested we get started and take it easy down Nelly's Glen. Blue Dog then suggested I lead us down the stairs on the belief my eyesight was better than most. Happy to report we got down the stairs safely but slowly.

It was perfect running conditions, although it was a little humid. I can happily say I ran more of the track this time, which indicated the training has been progressing well. I felt alot stronger physically and ran a few more hills.

One little drama, in the last kilometre I rolled my ankle. It was too bad, so I slowing jogged to the finish. BTW I need to remember to turn left when you get to the car park on the day. I am happy to report I finished in 6.48 (running time) and a total time of (7.25) with breaks and a chat. I am now feeling confident once I lose the 5kg due to the camel back I will reach the finish within the 7 hours.

1 comment:

2P said...

You will be able to do it blind folded Bernie ;-)

Good run and a good confidence booster. Hope the ankle is ok.