Monday, February 27, 2006

Running Again.....

I had Thursday and Friday off again due to injury.

25 February 2006

5K Challenge. The ankle felt okay, but I decided to not to run. Instead I took upon the role of Starter and Photographer. I must say I really hate being sidelined, and always feels more like the 'sin bin".

Spent the afternoon with Blue Dog washing out plastic drums to be used for the water stops for the "The Orchard" run. Once it cooled down I slid on an ankle guard to go for a run. I suggested 40 mins, Blue Dog raised his eyebrows and said 20 min will do. I must say I couldn't wait to get home, I didn't know if it was the foot or the bloody ankle guard that felt like it was cutting off all circulation.

26 February 2006

The Orchard Run. Got out of bed at the 3am to get ready and drove to the Central Coast to meet The King. Arrived at Palmdale at roughly 6am to fill the water and then drove the course with The King and Blue Dog and placed water out on the course.

I was planning on power walking for one hour, but I decided to run and see how the ankle held up. I ran to the first drink station which was at the 6.5km mark and turned around. Finished the run with no problems, no swelling etc. I am very happy. Bring on 6 Foot.

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Glad you are being cautious Bernie.

Congrats to The Dog, sounds like the Orchard run was a huge success, lots of good reports floating around.

Katie said...

Hey Miss Bernie!! How are you going this week??? I hope your feeling great and ready to go! I will be at the end to cheer you home.... enjoy the run and run safely! Drop us an email if you need a chat :-)