Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lapping it Up

Yesterday it almost felt like my old running days, up early and over to Centennial Park. I met up with Kit and Helen who agreed to keep me company. We ran two laps of the inside loop. It really felt good to be out running again first thing in the morning, and nice to share the company with two great friends. We finished up with just over 7km with an average pace of 6.04/km. The pace is slowly increasing and not causing any really issues, but I don't think I will be breaking any speed barriers in the next couple of weeks.

After work it was another session at the gym on my old friend the elliptical trainer (45 minutes) and the stationery bike (25 minutes).

Today is a semi rest day. I was lucky enough to get out for 40 minute walk at lunch time, so I might treat myself to night on the couch.

2 comments:

Spud said...

Great to see you are back out there Bernie, 6min pace will do, great for the headspace I bet. All the best with the rcovery.

Brendan said...

oykkfa (sorry that's the word verification, I'm supposed to put the message here and the word verification down there). Great to have you back on the pitch.