Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Progress

Since my last post I am very happy to report that I can now walk pain free, which is a big improvement. I had another visit with the sports doc last Wednesday (28 March), and asked the big question. Can I run? I was advised to gradually introduce some running and continue with the cross training. That afternoon I ventured out for one my regular runs through Scarborough Park. The first couple of k’s the pain was bearable, but by the time I finished the 5km I was in agony. I came home and sulked on the lounge for a few minutes.

After a good training session at the gym last night I decided to attempt another jog last night. Just as I got myself started on the treadmill, Blue Dog appeared frowning and questioned if I should be running. I did promise I would take it easy and stop if required. I was happy to get through the 20 minutes without any increasing pain; I did have a slight niggle but nothing too serious.

I have managed to keep myself active during my “relative recovery” phase:

26 March: 1hr elliptical trainer, strength & core
27 March: 45 min Spin class
28 March: 5km run
29 March: 25 min elliptical trainer
30 March: 1hr elliptical trainer
31 March: 30 minute bike ride
1 April: 1hr Spin High Performance class
2 April: 45 elliptical trainer, 30 minutes stationery bike, core work
3 April: rest day
4 April: Pump class, 40 elliptical trainer, 20 min run (treadmill)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Hey chicken! thought I would pop in and say hi! Take care :-)

Tesso said...

Been wondering how things are going with you. Looks like you are managing to stay fit. Good to see that you've got a couple of little runs in.

I'm sure it won't be too long before you are back in the swing of things. Meanwhile, take care.

Happy Easter to you and The Dog :)

Superflake said...

Hey no running if you still have pain. Blue Dog is right on this one. Take it easy there is no rush to get back into it.