Monday, April 09, 2007

The Only Way is Up

Looks like my injury is slowly turning the corner, with a couple of runs thrown into the mix over the past couple of days. Although I still have a dull niggle, I am running pain free. I have taken Sean's advice and sticking to a very slow pace.

Surprisingly I have not gone insane from my sessions at the gym. I am very lucky to have freak show to keep me well entertained.

5 April: 45mins elliptical trainer, 30 min stationery bike
6 April: 1hr walk (7km along Botany Bay)
7 April: 5km run, average pace 6:14/km including a couple of hills.
8 April: 7km run, average pace 6:15/km followed by 3.5km power walk
9 April: 25 min elliptical trainer, 1hr Pump Class

Even though the butt is feeling pretty good I decided after two consecutive days jogging/running pain free not to push the boundaries too far. Planning on another run tomorrow.

3 comments:

Superflake said...

Great to see some running returning Bernie. Hope you can keep it up.

Tesso said...

Great stuff Bernie. And don't worry, that pace isn't that slow really. My recovery runs aren't much faster than that!

TA and the Gnome said...

That's great to see you are mixing in some runs with the cross training.

It was nice to share the warm up with Wayne on Saturday morning and hear about his plans for WS100.

TA