Monday, July 16, 2007

Back to Basics

After returning home a week ago I have hardly had a chance to scratch myself, but I will eventually update everybody on our USA and WS experience, even if it's only a few pictures.

11 July 2007

Even on holidays I was up nice and early to meet Kerry and Deanne at 5.30am for our mid-week run. We knocked out 15km and happy avoided the rain, less one little sprinkle towards the end. It was great to be running with the girls again, I had missed them and our time together. A quick shower and then back to my mum's for some nursing/caring duties.

12 July 2007

Blue Dog and arrived nice and early with enough time to do a lap of the park before we started our Big Bertha session. We used a different area of the park due the rain and mud. I had ten laps on my program and go through the session pretty well and managed to maintain consistent times for each rep.

13 July 2007

I went over to my mum's place again, and had all intentions of going for a run, but it just didn't happen however I did take the dog for a walk. I was not not concerned about missing my run as I had agreed to run King of Mountain with Razor, which was far more then programmed.

14 July 2007

Blue Dog and I went for a nice run around our home turf with was really nice for a change. I did stress the need to take it easy as I wanted to ensure I got through KOM in one piece. Finished with 7.5km with an average pace of 5:35/km.

15 July 2007

Katie and Ray arrived at our house nice and early for our big day out. We arrived with Blue Dog ready to go and Ray and I ready for an adventure. After listening the National Anthem Ray and I started off towards the back of the pack and just settled in for the day. By the time we got to the 10km point we were wondering when went off road, however we did enjoy a nature call along the side of the road and Ray found a frog! I may be bias but given my lack of long runs and training combined with Ray's cold we ran very well, however we did walk the big hill we finished strongly and managed to move up the field in the last 8kms. We finished in 3:28 which I think was great even given the number of hills we encountered during the 32kms.

1 comment:

plu said...

I missed you guys.

Plu