Thursday, July 26, 2007

Brains and Brawn

25 July

It was a real struggle to get out of bed. Blue Dog and I visited our local hotel for dinner on Tuesday night and decided to participate in Trivia. The power of "Team Dog" was again very strong, we finished second and were rewarded a bottle of wine and a $40 drink tab at the bar. Anyone would have thought Blue Dog had won the lottery.

Back to running!

I met the girls for our mid week long run at the lovely hour of 5.30am. It was good to hear about Kerry and Deanne's adventures in the Hunter Valley and share. 90 minutes later we fighting fit and ready to take on the day (almost).

26 July

"Wild Wally" session, on an alternative course due to the wet conditions in our usual location. I had seven on the schedule and just seemed to locked into a rep time of 3:16 with the exception of the first and last that were 3:14. A total 11km for the day.

27 July

I enjoyed a nice easy run along the shores of Botany Bay, nothing too exciting just an easy 6km.

28 July

25km Bush Marathon Festival (Canberra). I ran the event at a training run and thoroughly enjoyed it. The course was great, undulating but it kept me honest. I really enjoyed the experience of running along the trail in my own world and just enjoying the run. I was happy to finish the run in 2hrs 31min. Post race I chatted to a few of the local CR's and it was great to catch up with Lucky Legs.

29 July

Just an easy recovery run, 5.5km.


1 comment:

TD said...

Thanks for dropping by in my blog. Great to meet you and glad you enjoyed Canberra. I am sure we will catch up around the traps again before too long.