Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Let the Good Times Roll

This morning was one of our more difficult SWEAT sessions due the level of intensity required for the long reps. In order to give my body the wake up call it need I arrived at the park in plenty of time for my warm up. During the drills the legs felt sluggish and tied, so I was a little concerned how I would perform during the session. We did two long reps (lap of the fence, approx 3.5km) followed by a 1km rep. I was really pleased with my times this morning; 17:38, 17:42 and 4:42. I did this identical session three weeks ago and ran; 18:17, 18:34, and 5:07. It is very pleasing to see the reduction in time which I attribute to solid consistent training.

July Total Km: 269
YTD: 1525

3 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

That is a good improvement and a nice boost before Striders on Saturday.

TA

Tesso said...

Great result at Sweat this morning, especially after your big run on Sunday.

See ya real soon :-)

Superflake said...

Good to see the rep times dropping. Hope they can keep going that way through to Fitzroy Falls.