Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Sense of Direction

Monday, 23 July

I had my recovery run schedule for (PM) so I got home from work earlier enough to fit in my run and everything else I had to do around the house. Blue Dog and I started off together but he was running like a "dish licker" at Dapto, so I let him go ahead and agreed to meet him at home. I had some muscle soreness but found myself loosening up and ended up having one of those perfect runs. I finished with 60 mins at 5:30/km pace. I little too quick for a recovery run; however I was pleased to have finished the run feeling great.

I have review of the race calendar now that I am now back into consistent training and had program adjusted, so I am now off to Canberra to run the 25km event as part of the Bush Capital Marathon Festival. I will be treating the event as a good solid training run with the focus remaining on the Fitzroy Falls Marathon.

Tuesday, 24 July

Blue Dog and I have been arriving at SWEAT nice and early to ensure we get a good warm up before the session, which includes Blue Dog wearing a head lamp so we can navigate ourselves around the park safely. This morning we had 4 laps of the lake as time trial. When I started off I advised Kerry it was going to be ugly, but we worked through the session together sharing the lead, until I took my role a little too seriously. I'm still a long way off the pace of those PB days, but getting a little closer. It was nice to hear Sean give me words of encouragement and was impressed by effort this morning. In total I finished with another 13km in the legs after this mornings session.

No comments: