Sunday, January 28, 2007

26 January 2006

After a late night, I was up early to meet the girls at the Menai Australia Day Fun Run. We were all there for Rebecca's(Kit's sister) race debut. Kit and I ran with Bec who had a fantastic run, particularly on such a hilly course for her race debut, but Bec handled it with style and powered along. We ran the 3km event, it was very amusing watching all the little kids taking off in the beginning, and then finished with tantrums refusing to run any further. Once we got to the finish line, Kit, Helen, and Kerry and I then ran another loop of the course.

We all re-grouped out at my house for an Australia Day BBQ and day of relaxing around the pool. It was a perfect way to celebrate Australia Day.

27 January 2007

Due to various commitments Kit and I met up on Saturday for LSD. We headed over to The Bay for a 35km run. We did one lap of the Bay and then arrived back to the start of the CR 5km Challenge, said a quick hello to everybody and ran the 5km Challenge course at our LSD pace, we cheered the Razor and Blue Dog home with our special little chant and then retraced out steps back to the start. We shared a bottle of Gatorade at the car and then headed over for another extended lap of the Bay with a few variations. We happily ran along in our own world chatting along and sometimes in silence just enjoying the morning. We ran the 35km with an average pace of 5:52/km pace. It was probably the best LSD run I have experienced; we had to keep reminding ourselves to slow down and respect the concept of LSD. I finished feeling like I could have easily ran another lap of the Bay. We then met Blue Dog and Razor and enjoyed a well deserved breakfast.

28 January


After a late night help Razor celebrate his 30th Birthday, Blue Dog and I were up nice and early to host the Striders STaR at Roseville. I was a wise decision doing my LSD on Saturday. After a lazy day I went out for my recovery run later this afternoon. I was really tied when I left but convinced myself a run would wake me. I was correct. I ran 5.5km with an average pace of 5:37/km. I felt really good with no niggles and any issues of fatigue.

Seems like this jig-saw is all coming together nicely.


7 comments:

2P said...

Hey Bernie - I saw you on Saturday but never got to say "g'day" - very nice long run - well done ;-)

Superflake said...

Thanks for hosting this morning Bernie. Nice long run too.

Brendan said...

5:37 min/km recovery runs! Well done. All seems to be falling into place..

Anonymous said...

You are a star...
Thabk you so much for the company and encouraging words on the race...
And to think you ran it twice....woo hoo fo you:)
glad it is all coming together.
You recievea special mention as promised:)
xx

Clairie said...

Hi Bernie,

CAn you let BlueDog know that Pat is looking for pacers for Canberra marathon. I think he would be really good at this and he gets free entry/accommodation and a shirt!!! BTW perhaps he could do the 3:20 group and then I could run with him the whole way...now wouldn't that be amazing (no Blue Dog stop swearing...it will be fun)
http://www.patcarroll.com.au/pat-carroll-online-pacers_canberra.htm


Great long run Bernie, isn't it wonderful to run and finish feeling like you could have done some more but still being extremely satisfied with what you have done. Congratulations. 2007 is looking like your year!

Tesso said...

Absolutely fantastic run on Saturday Bernie. You looked so fresh and relaxed when you finished. Are you girls sure you didn't just hide behind the bushes for a few hours ;-)

Becky O said...

Sounds like your breezing in those long runs. Bet you cant wait till the next marathon !!