Wednesday, January 31, 2007

False Start

29 January

After a false start to the morning Katie come over after work for a run. I took Katie on a different route along Kogorah Bay and Botany and had her totally disorientated for most of the run. It was still quite warm and we were challenged with a bit of headwind. We finished with a sprint home and over 6km at 5:21/km pace. I was surprised with our pace, given that we chatted the whole way feeling very comfortable.

30 January

It was nice to look at the program and see the word "relaxed" next to my 6 laps of Big Bertha. Even when you run this session "relaxed" you still work hard. I finished in 13:58. I then did an extended cool down to get the mileage up, as my warm up was cut short due to my late arrival. I finished feeling great, even Blue Dog commented on how fresh and healthy I looked.

31 January

After a late night last night I couldn't drag myself out of bed in time to meet the girls, so I decided to treat myself to a sleep in, yep I got out of bed at 6.20am. I then did a route Blue Dog refers to as the "Sans Souci Circuit". I started off pretty slow, but soon found my rhythm but I couldn't believe how windy it was this morning, Botany Bay even had waves. I finished feeling nice strong with a few strides. Total distance was 8km with an average pace of 5:21/km. I little quicker then Sean's suggested pace, but I was feeling great. To finish off a good training month, I have massage booked for this afternoon which will be either nice or painful.

After reviewing my training stats I have had 40 day running streak, my longest yet.

2 comments:

Tesso said...

You know you're a runner when 6.20am is a sleep-in :-)

Congrats on the 40 days in a row. Do you plan to have a rest day before 6ft?

Jen said...

Sensational Bernie! Your training has been going so well. You are going to have a sensational Six Foot :-)