Monday, January 15, 2007

9 January 2007

My programmed session for was “Wild Walter”, something I had never done before and was a little intrigued. All was revealed, another hill session that I had to complete 12 reps. My times were very consistent, and I finished strong in the last rep. After some breakfast and a shower I then went to the gym and did a good solid weights session.

10 January 2007

I meet the girls at Centennial Park at 6.00am for our mid week run. We all had shorter runs on our program today, but we unintentionally picked up the pace a bit. We finished strong with a few surges.

I then spent a nice relaxing day laying around the pool with a good book.

11 January 2007

Driving over to SWEAT I felt great, and was convinced I was going to have a good session. I was not disappointed. I have had a bit of slump lately, but I just consistently trained through knowing the sun will shine again soon. Even Sean gave me some positive feedback. We did a fartlek session, and my 5km time of 24:48 was well within the time Sean had suggested.

12 January 2007

I just did a nice easy run around home today, my goal was to stick to the pace my program suggested but I felt great. I ran 6.5km at 5.22/km pace and it felt easy. I came home very exited and told Blue Dog “I’m back”.

I finished off the day with a trip to the gym for a Yoga class, very good.

13 January 2007

Another nice easy run, just trying to keep the pace slow; as I was in for a big on the next day. I did 5.5km at 5:28/km in a headwind, but still felt pretty good.

14 January 2007

It was a big day out on Six Foot. Kit, Razor, Deanne, Blue Dog and I meet Sarge at Explorers tree. Kit and I were running from the start of Six Foot to Allum River and back to Megalong Road were the rest of the gang where starting there run. It was spectacular running down Nelly’s. When we arrived at Megalong Rd the rest of contingent were there ready to get going. We all ran to the river together and then Kit and I went on, and spotted a red belly black snake! When we got to Allum River we had “Sirens” moment it was great, the water was refreshing. As we got back to Mini-Mini, we were greeted by the rest of the gang, who decided to go on further. Just after Cox’s River I hit the wall big time. As Blue Dog came back to see if I was okay I replied “I have done some stupid things”. I explained I only had 1.5 sandwiches for the dinner the night before, we didn’t have enough food for the run and I had not slept well the night before. But I just kept moving and was very happy to get to the road. All up it was 36km, and a good lesson learnt.


Relay for Life

I previously mentioned I have entered a team in Relay for Life to raise money for Cancer research etc. To sponsor me or find out more information please click on the following link.

http://www.relay.cancercouncil.com.au/?2007/sutherland_shire_2007/happy_feet/54519.html



2 comments:

2P said...

Nice work Bernie - strong and consistent as always.

Don't worry about hitting the wall coming back up from the Cox's - I haven't read a blog entry yet where anyone has said they cruised it back up to Megalong Rd - it's a tough haul.

Well done ;-)

Anonymous said...

Uhh humm.... I think what happens on the track stays on the track :-)I agree.... very nice!!!!

I think mission fairy Floss is coming along nicely ;-)