Sunday, January 07, 2007

The resurrection

Yes it has been a while since I have updated the blog. I have been tossing around the idea of not blogging, but it is a good training tool.

I suppose I should take the time to reflect on 2006 (better late than never)

Running

*5km PB
*10km PB
*Half Marathon PB
* City to Surf PB
* Sutherland to Surf PB
* Woodford to Glenbrook PB
* Balls Head Challenge PB
*completing my first Six Foot.

Personally
* Supporting and watching my husband achieve his goals.
* Establishing some amazing friendships (Thank You).
* Watching my father recover with sheer determination from a horrific accident a week before my Six Foot Debut.
* Caring and supporting my mother who was diagnosed with Cancer in July.

This year has been a pretty stressful year, but thankfully running has given me the outlet that I really needed.

2007

This year my running goals are going to be a little different, but my main focus at the moment is Six Foot .I have registered a team for the "Relay for Life" in April. My Dad has joined the team and is in training, I am very excited to be sharing this experience with him and my great team mates. (If interested I will post sponsorship details).

Whilst in the USA with Wayne (Western States in case you didn't know ;-), I hope to compete in some races which should be fun.

Training for 2007

Yes I have training very hard, but I will give a quick update.

Total ks for the week: 107km

Monday, 1 Jan: Black Stump
Tuesday, 2, Jan: Track & Body Balance Class followed by a swim.
Wednesday 3, Jan: Mid Week Long Run 18Km & Swim
Tuesday 4, Jan: Hills
Friday 5 Jan: Easy run
Sat, 6 Jan: Easy Run
Sun, 7 Jan: Lady Carrington Drive

4 comments:

Ellie80 said...

its been a huge year Bernie! It has been great to meet you and share some *fun* on the track :) Good luck for all the '07 goals!

Horrie said...

It's great that you have started blogging again. I know that you have had a really tough year last year but am amazed at what you have still managed to achieve in your running despite all that. I often get tired of blogging and that is why I tend to only update once or twice a week as it does get time consuming. It is very useful to go back in time when you want to see how you were training/feeling when heading into a particular event. Good luck with your goals for 2007 and look forward to sharing the Western States experience with both you and Blue Dog.

Tesso said...

It sure has been a year of ups and downs for you Bernie.

We are so lucky to have our running aren't we. I know when my mum went through (and lost) her battle with cancer my running and my running buddies helped me so much, more than I realised at the time.

That's going to be a wonderful experience participating in the Relay For Life. Its will be just one highlight of what I hope is a great year for you.

2P said...

Wow it was a successful year Bernie - nice training week too.

Not long till Six Foot now....