Monday, January 22, 2007

UPDATE

Monday, 15 January

An easy recovery run just around my local circuit. Didn't feel too bad, a little rusty to start with but I soon settled into a good rythem. Finished up with 4.5km at 5.46/km pace. My legs were a little tired but not to smashed up. I then hit the gym in the afternoon for my strenght session.

Tuesday, 16 January

Today I had an unwelcomed visitor; DOMS. I was scheduled for a nice easy run this morning, but I had agreed with Princess Fairy Floss (aka Kit) to head over the SWEAT and do my run around the Park. Deanne and I joind the group fro the drills and the strides and then did a few laps of the lakes. I didn't hang around too long, as I had to get my mother to chemo early. I must admit my mother and I laughed with when we parked the car in the "Handicap" car park. People must I have thought I was the one with the problem, I could hardly walk when I first got out of the car. I sat with my mother for six hours during her treatment, but got up reguarly to go for a walk and get some blood pumping throught the legs.

Wednesday, 17 January

I met the girls at Centennial Park at the crazy hour of 5.20am. Let me just say it was one of those days. I felt like crap, so I plodded along and did the sensible thing for a change and cut my run short. I came home and spoke to Blue Dog seeking approval I suppose for listening to my body. After a nice couple of hours lazing around the pool I dragged myself off for a massage. I hadn't had a massage for seven months, and was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't too bad, but my quards were in need of some attention. Two hours later I walked out feeling exhausted.

Thursday, 18 January

After a two hour massage the legs were a bit tender particularly when faced with a speed session. I didn't do fantastic times, but I kept moving forward. I did 3 x 1.2km reps (5:39, 5:44, 5:36).

Friday, 19 January

Katie and did a nice easy run we ran through Scarborough Park. Total 6.20km with an average pace of 5.39/km. I then took my neice and newphew, who were staying with us for a few days for a walk along Lady Carrington Drive. After another quick tranisition I then finished the afternoon off with a Yoga class.

Saturday, 20 January

I did the Scarborough Park run again, just a little quicker. 5:31/km average pace.

Sunday, 21 January

I went out to Smithfield for the SMC 10Km. I knew this would be an interesting given my current milage and then I had to factor in the heat. My time was very slow 52:27, but I was happy all things considered.

Monday, 22 January

Katie came over to join me for a run. We did 6km along the beach. Operation Fairy Floss has shifted up another gear and a missed has been deployed, it's getting exciting. I finished the day with 30 minutes on the Elipitical Trainer followed by some weights and core work.

Unfortunately I went back to work today.

Tuesday, 23 January

I had long reps on the program today, 2 x 2km (9:28, 9:31), 1 x 1km (4:27). Felt pretty good during the drills and warm up today, but it was very humid. My times are still not were they should be but I am slowly starting to pick up again.





3 comments:

Brendan said...

Well done this morning Bernie. You were running along quickly in that first rep when you flew past Simon and me. Must tell me what core strength exercises I should do. Sean puts it on the schedule but I'm not sure what to do. Conveniently! Cheers Brendan

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that O.F.F is into getting into full gear, look forward to the next update.
You are a true tropper...One of the good guys.
I hope Princess told you about her glut experience...if not, ask her...
And you did the right thing listening to the bod.....
xx

Clairie said...

Sounds like you are doing well with the training there Bernie. Isn't it wonderful to have a great buddy to train with?