Monday, August 06, 2007

A week of ups and downs

1 August 2007

I meet the usual gang for our mid week run. I was pleased to have Razor join us again after finishing his community service. Just another 90 minute session, with our average pace getting slightly quicker each week.

PM- I meet a friend at my local gym for a Pilates class.

2 August 2007

I woke up exhausted; Blue Dog just laughed and commented how that exactly the way distance runners should feel (according to Sean). Today's session was Big Bertha, however on our new course. I had ten laps and by the time I got to the fourth lap I could have just walked away from the session, I felt terrible. I just gritted by teeth and finished the 10 laps and was thankful it was all over.

3 August 2007

30 minutes today. Just for something different I set the Garmin to alert me at 15minute intervals, allowing me to just turn around and run home after 15 minutes not looking at pace or distance. I finished a perfect run with 30 minutes at 5:26/km pace.

4 August 2007

A couple of weeks ago I was instructed not run/race the Striders 10km. This actually worked out well, as I had to have some medical tests on Saturday morning that involved fasting, urine tests and a lot of blood tests. After a nice wholesome lunch and my first coffee for the day, I went for a run later afternoon and felt great. Total of 11km at 5:35/km pace.

5 August 2007

After endless emails during the week the usual gang decided on a run in the Royal National Park. I suggested a course that would meet every body's needs. Everything was going great until I hit 90 minutes and I just hit the wall. This was probably a combination of the tests from the day before and the diet I had to follow leading up to the tests. I decided to keep running until I found Katie who was out for LSD Walk and then walked back to her car with her. We waited for the others to return and I decided to run back to my car with them. So in total I had a 2hr run and 1hr walk. Not quite the training session I had planned, but shit happens.

We then enjoyed a great brunch at Gymea. Our waitress had a very familiar face, and when I suggested she was the winner Australian Princess everyone thought I was mad. I am pleased to say I was right, us dirty smelly runners were being served by reality TV royalty.

6 August 2007

An easy hour along the shores of Botany Bay watching the sun came up.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Good to hear all is going well Bernie. That's so funny about Australian Pricess, if that's where the winner ended up makes me wonder about the losers!

Hopefully catch up soon. Are you doing C2S???