Saturday, March 25, 2006

5K Challenge

Arrived very early thinking I would be the first person there, I noticed Psychoma and Kit had already arrived. I decided to set off at 25 minutes, as I really haven't done any speed work lately. I ran with Yolanda (Colin's wife) who was making her 5K debut. Colin had suggest I could pace Yolanda, which made me a little nervous as I had no idea what I was capable of. We finished in 24:10 which is 19 seconds of my PB. I did feel I had little more to give, which is good sign. Hopefully with a bit of speed week over the next couple of weeks a PB may be on the cards next time.

Finished the morning with a pleasant breakfast with the CR gang and a few Woodstock runners.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

That's fantastic Bernie, getting so close to your PB without finishing totally spent! Your 6ft recovery must be coming along so well.