Tuesday, April 11, 2006

8 April 2006

Arrived in Canberra with just enough time to register, book into our accommodation, quickly get changed and return to the start! Saw the usual familiar faces and walked over to the start, which I nearly missed as I was chatting. It was a pretty good course, but there was one small section which encountered a pretty strong head wind. My time was 51:19 (not official), which is still a two minutes off my PB, but getting there.

9 April 2006

No exercise except walking to the best locations to cheer people on. I must admit I did not suffer "runner's envy" I was quite happy to encourage people and witness other's achieve their goals.

Headed off to post run dinner, and set a date to meet Bec at 7.30am at the Marathon start for a run.

10 April 2006

Met Bec at the agreed time and headed off for a run around the lake. The battery in my garmin was dead, but Bec recorded it as 10km, it was a nice comfortable pace.

11 April 2006

I head over to the track this morning for some reps. After a 2.25km warm up, I did 5 x 800m reps with a 400m recovery. My times were; 3:24, 3:32, 3:34, 3:33, 3:32. This was followed with a 1.5 km warm down. Total Session 9.75km.

No comments: