Thursday, April 20, 2006

Do I still run?

Well I have to admit I had not run for a complete week. I have been so busy at work and settling in at the new house, all my energy had been exhausted. Even with the Easter break, I did not get out the door to exercise once. The closest I got was hosting the Striders STaR.

So what's the plan now? I have not ruled the Gold Coast Marathon out, but I really need to get back on track. Sitting outside with Blue Dog on Tuesday evening looking at the stars, I decided to go back to SWEAT. This is something I have been thinking about for a while now.

I have also decided to go back to Weight Watchers. I have been carring extra weight for a couple of years now, and it's creeping up slowly, even with all the running (exclude the past couple of weeks). I will start on Monday, 24 April 2006.

19 April 2006

I ran 9.16km at an average pace of 5:25km/hr. I it was quite windy, and the new training area has a couple of slight hills in comparison to my old training routes. Came home and did some streching.

I enjoyed that post-run feeling again.

20 April 2006

Return to SWEAT. I was really looking forward to going back to SWEAT, I actually woke up a couple of times looking at the clock, I did not want to sleep in ;-). Did the usual warm-up, strides and got stuck into. Today was "Wild Wally" x 5 reps. My reps were: 3:33, 3:39, 3:37;3:43,3:37. Not the fastest, but now I have a target.

2 comments:

2P said...

Good consistent times for WW.

I too have been putting on weight whilst running more miles than ever - I've come to the conclusion that I am training too hard on every session and as you have seen from my blog I am going for some low heartrate stuff - so far so good in the weight stakes but it is hard to run that slow - bike is helping ;-)

Tesso said...

There seems to have been lots of people with motivational problems in the past couple of weeks. Must be the big buid up to 6ft and Canberra I guess.

Glad you are thinking about the GC Marathon :-)