Friday, February 02, 2007

Cruise Control

1 February

Today's session was 2 laps of the lake "relaxed". Sean stressed to anyone running the Striders 10k to run relaxed, there a no PB or flashing lights when training. I starting off just chatting away, and then decided to push is a little hard, whilst maintaining a "relaxed" pace. In the second lap I had a bit of a chat to a new lady (I have forgotten her name already), we worked very well together. Finished the session feeling nice and comfortable in 14:01. I then did another lap of the lake as a cool down. I actually finished the session feeling nice and fresh, almost in the same condition as when arrived; just covered in sweat or being a lady, should I say perspiration.

2 February

This morning Katie, Razor, Blue Dog and I went for a nice cruisey run. We ran the "Sans Souci Circuit" reversed. Blue Dog and Razor started to pull away, but Katie and I were happy to just sit behind and run very comfortabley and save ourselves for tomorrow's 10km race. Finished just over 7km with an average page of 5:47/km. It was a great way to start the day.

After some heavy training and some good results from "Operation Fairy Floss" I am really looking forward to racing on Saturday. January was a very solid training month with 362km, no rest days and no niggles. The 10k will be a good indication of my training, whilst I am aware I am not training for 10k races at the moment, I am hoping to improve on my time from last January's race.

4 comments:

2P said...

That is a huge training month Bernie - congratulations.

Best of luck with the 10k tomorrow.

Eagle said...

Bernie a HUGE month and no niggles. I am sure you will have a great one on Saturday morning - run relaxed and enjoy it.

Unknown said...

Enjoy Lane Cove...I'll be thinking of you all out there and sending you speedy thoughts.

Jen said...

Good luck tomorrow Bernie. With such a solid training month, I'll sure it will pay big dividends tomorrow :-)