Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Blowing in the Wind

12 August 2007

After a bit of planning I finally arranged to met Kerry and Deanne for a LSD at the pleasant hour of 5.00am. The goal was to complete our long runs and shower and then make our way down to Bondi to watch the C2S. Enjoyed a great run, which included our usual loop around Centennial, then we ran around the back of Randwick Race Course and down towards the Lakes and Australian Golf course. I ran for 2.5hrs and enjoyed a nice pleasant run in warmer conditions. The girls continued on as they were doing a little extra.

We all met up down at Bondi where Katie and Bec had secured a great area so we could watch and cheer the winners.

13 August 2007

I enjoyed a 60 minute recovery run along Botany Bay watching the sun come up. It was another pleasant morning and a great way to start the day.

14 August 2007

I arrived at SWEAT and did my usual 3k warm up and then lined up for the drills and strides etc. I only had 3 x 800m on my program, but I spoke to Sean who agreed I should increase this to 5 reps. I ended playing the bunny today and lead 800m group in each rep. After my first rep Sean advised me to slow down, but it just didn't happen. My times were; 3:36, 3:32, 3:33, 3:32, 3:30. I was happy with the session.

Off to bed now..........another early start in the morning

2 comments:

Tesso said...

They are great times for 800s Bernie. Nice strong finish too. No wonder you were happy with the session!

Aunty said...

BG - nice session's BG. Isn't it lovely to get up and see the sun rising... i just wish the weather was getting warmer brrrrr.... :)

K

ps. thanks for the chat, u always make me laugh and i appreciate that.