Monday, August 20, 2007

Plodding Along

15 August 2007

On my day off I was up at 4am to meet the girls for our mid week long run. Even though we had arranged at our usual time, we all decided to trial a couple of different things in regards to pre-run nutrition. By the time we started our run my stomach felt quite comfortable and a thankfully I no problems. I actually felt more energised and continually felt strong during the run. As we ran our usual Wednesday loop we hardly noticed any runners out training, perhaps they have all gone into semi-retirement until next years C2S
J. With another 15.5km in the bank I could then enjoy my day off work.

I enjoyed a great day with Blue Dog which included a nice lunch, movies (Mr Brooks) followed by the Bob Dylan concert.

16 August 2007

After waking up exhausted I decided to have a couple extra hours sleep and miss SWEAT and enjoy run after work. I was still pretty tired when I got home for work so I ran an easy thirty minutes.

17 August 2007

Rest day.

18 August 2007

After feeling pretty nauseous most of the morning due to some medication I had commenced taking a few days ago I finally got myself out the door. I enjoyed a nice 10km around Kogarah and Botany Bay and was pleasantly surprised to be running a very comfortable average pace of 5:30/km.

19 August 2007

I meet Deanne and Razor at The Bay for a DIY STAR. When we arrived it was absolutely poring with rain, within about 500m our shoes were filled with water and we must have looked like drowned rats. Despite the wet conditions I really enjoyed the run, and we even managed to get a few kilometres in whilst the rain held off. However, when we got back to The Bay, it started to pour again.

After 25.5km we then enjoyed a nice breakfast.

No comments: