Saturday, August 11, 2007

Building up the Base

7 August 2007

Hill reps today, on our new "Wild Walter" course. I had 10 reps on my program and just ran consistently throughout the session, with the exception of the last rep that was 10 seconds quicker than the other reps.

As I lined up writing my times in the "squad book", Razor pointed out my husband was amongst the trees vomiting; we laughed if off as normal behaviour however a couple of new people behind us were surprised and little concerned.

8 August 2007

Deanne, Kerry and I ventured out for mid-week long run once again. With the days start to get longer hopefully I'll soon be able to leave the gloves at home. We finished with another 16km in the bank.

9 August 2007

Fartlek session that commenced with one of Sean's very informative speeches to all the C2S runners, offering a few tips etc. I was up for 5km of Fartlek however most of the group finished with 4km so there weren't too many bunnies to chase in the last lap. I finished in 25:06 which wasn't too bad, my Garmin measure the course a little longer, but hey maybe I didn't run the course using the shortest route, but it's all good.

10 August 2007

I gave myself a rest day today.

11 August 2007

I had so many options today, given that I had decided to give the C2S a miss this year. A couple of health reasons that I would rather not go into at the moment. I had a couple of options, do my LSD today, head up with Blue Dog with and do part of 6 Foot while he runs 12 Foot; but in the end I decided to stick to a local 30 minutes.

I will be meeting the girls at 5am tomorrow morning for our LSD and then heading down to watch the C2S.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

I thought the Dog had been hit with Osteitis? Pity you're not running C2S Bernie. No meeting in dark alleys tomorrow morning.