Friday, August 31, 2007

Goodbye August

27 August


I woke with the legs still feeling pretty good and complete escape from DOMS, which clearly indicated in ran W2B and the correct "training pace". I was still however very stiff in the left shoulder and neck due to non-running related incident, twisting my neck the wrong way early Saturday morning to look at the clock ;-(. I enjoyed a nice easy run along Botany Bay covering 7km at 5:48/km pace.


28 August


After waking up in pain at 2am to take some anti-inflammatories for the my neck and shoulder I decided to give SWEAT a miss and actually had a complete rest day. I figured I had ran W2B on Saturday following with Sunday's and Monday's in fair bit of pain in the neck and shoulder area, a rest would do it good. I did however I have my first deep tissue massage in 7 months.


29 August


The usual routine; Kerry, Deanne and I hit the streets for our mid-week long run. I felt pretty good and cruised through the run, probably a combination of a rest day and the massage. Total 15.80km with an average pace of 5:50/km.


30 August

With Saturday's SS 10km approaching I had decided to take it easy in for the session, 4km Fartlek. I finished the session in 19.22 (average pace of 4:48) and felt pretty good.

31 August

I enjoyed a nice easy run along Botany Bay covering 6km with an average pace 5:36/km. This is a little quicker than my programmed pace however, I have noticed lately I have been struggling to keep my runs at the slower pace so I have been enjoying the recovery session with relative effort.

August Stats.

Total KMs: 345

YTD: 1870

1 comment:

2P said...

Nice monthly total Bernie - congratulations.