Friday, August 24, 2007

Finally

22 August

As usual Deanne, Kerry and I got together for our mid-week run. Whilst it was not raining, we were greeted by those nasty August winds. I again experimented with my pre-race nutrition and felt great throughout the 90 minutes, so I think I now have something to work with. Finished nice and strong with an average pace of 5:48/km.

Finished off a great day with a Pilates class.

23 August

Once I got through the usual routine we then headed to our Wild Wally course. I had seven reps on the program and was very pleased to have completed the session with my best times this year; 3:15, 3:13, 3:12, 3:01, 3:00, 2:59, 2:55. Kerry and worked together throughout the session and we both ecstatic with the result. It was good to get some positive feedback from Sean, who believes things are now starting to kick in for me.

24 August

I enjoyed an easy session along Botany Bay this morning, unfortunately there was no beautiful sunrise but at least the rain held. I was feeling pretty good and had to remind myself to slow down a couple times. I arrived home feeling good with 6km in the bank at 5:46/km pace.


No comments: