Sunday, May 20, 2007

Afternoon Delight

After watching everybody at the SMH Half Marathon this morning it was my turn to go for a run this afternoon. I really had now I idea where I should run and how far, but I then bit the bullet and decided to jump in the deep end and do one of my favourite local runs. Around Kogarah Bay, through Carrs Park, Blakehurst, across Tom Ugly's Bridge, Sylvania Waters, over Captain Cook Bridge, along Botany Bay then back home. A total of 15.7km with average pace of 5:40/,km. I was very happy and felt strong throughout the whole run and was pleasantly surprised, I was doubting I would go the distance.

4 comments:

plu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
plu said...

Gee you have bounced back well.

Cheers Plu

Becky O said...

Wow Bernie, you have definitely not lost any speed throughout your injury. Glad to hear your running well.

2P said...

Nice work Bernie - I think sometimes our mind is much more concerned about taking time off than our bodies ever are.