Sunday, May 27, 2007

My Rendezvous with 6 Foot

26 May 2007

When Blue Dog decided to run 12 Foot, I made a foolish statement that I would like to do that one day. So after some thought I decided to head up to and do part of 6 Foot. I have not completed any long runs for a quite a while and was a little unsure if the body was up to the challenge. I had tossed around a few ideas about what sections to run etc.

I watched the start and drove to Caves Rd. I then ran from Caves Rd to Pluvi and back, a total 24km at a comfortable pace and just enjoyed the trails. I returned to car at Caves Rd and waited for the runners to come through. I had taken a few drop bags to Caves Rd and looked after a few backpacks that the runners left with me while they ran the 14km to Jenolan House and back. After I saw Blue return to the car on his way back to Katoomba I then drove down to Jenolan Caves to pick up a couple of people who opted for the 6 Foot option.

We returned to Explores Tree waiting for everyone to return. Based on the times the guys ran and how well they looked at the finish I believe the "Aussie Assault" at WS100 is shaping up well.

27 May 2007

After what I consider a Sunday sleep in, Blue Dog and I both ran the Botany Bay Bolt (4km xc) treating it as a "recovery run". I ran with Katie and "Baby Rowell" and then sat around and enjoyed the company of the "Morning Squad" whilst we watched the presentation and lucky door prices.

2 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

Sounds like you are both doing well. That's just what we want to hear. Keep it up.

TA

Harley Warren said...

I had coconut rough for breakfast last week before a long run and it was a great energy food, you should try it Bernie!