Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Razor is Awesome!

7 May 2007

Ahhh Monday's = rest days. However, I went to the gym last night and did a Spin Class. I was a bit concerned at first as the instructor was new and I found the warm-up track a little subdued, however as we progressed the session I was pleasantly surprised it was a great session. I finished with some core work, and for some strange reason push ups!

8 May 2007

Hills this morning, Wild Walter in fact. I arrived early to do a couple of laps of the lake as a warm up to ensure I didn’t send my glute into shock. I managed to get through 8 reps although the times were very ordinary (2:10, 2:06, 2:12, 2:17, 2:08, 2:06, 2:08, 1:56).

9 May 2007

This morning I meet Deanne and Alan at 5:15 for our midweek long run. Gosh I couldn’t believe how long it had been. We ran through Centennial Park, towards Oxford Street, into College Street, and then did a loop of SMH half marathon. It is always good to have a bit of a course refresher, and we spotted another Squad member doing the same (name withheld for confidentiality reasons). I really struggled in the last couple of kilometres, but managed to make it back to the Park in one piece. We did a total of 19km with average pace of 5:50/km.

Tonight I’m off to the presentation night for the Relay for Life. Our team, Happy Feet, will be collecting a couple of trophies. Should be a good night, I am looking forward to Razor’s acceptance speech. Razor’s dinner is on me after such an awesome effort.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

You'll have to get some photos of the trophies and post them for us all to see.