Monday, May 07, 2007

Building Up

5 May 2007

Under instructions not to race the Striders 10km, I enjoyed a nice easy run around North Head. This course is always spectacular, but even better when you are just running so you can really take it all in. Katie agreed to run with me to keep me honest and ensure I didn't go out too hard. It was very pleased to see some deserving PBs, (Deanne, Professor, and Mary).

We finished off a great morning with a coffee on the beach with a few friends.

6 May 2007

My first long run since 25 February 2007 and I had 2hrs 20mins on the program. I did think this was a little odd, and decided to pull the pin when I had enough. I managed 90 minutes (15.5km) and decided that was enough for the day, and was quite happy with the distance. Just as I was about to leave the Park I ran into Sean, so I questioned him about my program and advised him I only did 90 minutes. Sean advised me 90mins was great, he had obviously made an error on my program (a sigh of relief).

I was really happy that arrived home feeling pretty good, and I had no signs of any stiffness or soreness during the day.

1 comment:

2P said...

Yep 2.20 would have been the "deep end" - good to see it is all going so well Bernie - keep it going.