Friday, May 25, 2007

Things Have Changed

24 May 2007

Speed session today, although there was not much speed out of these legs today. Sean is definitely playing mind games with us this week, Tuesday it was Big Bertha in reverse and today every second rep was in the opposite direction. This is a lot for the brain to comprehend early in the morning. I did 5 x 500m reps and can honestly say I had no top gear at all today, I think I was last across the line each time, but at least I was consistent. However, I am just really happy to back training again! At the end of the session I decided to advise Sean of my running plans over the next couple of days, he gave me the green light and told me to really enjoy it. Very excited!

On another exciting note, I managed to my hands on two pre-sale tickets for Bob Dylan's concert in August 2007. Blue Dog and I are both huge fans so we are very excited.

25 May 2007

Tonight my running club, Sydney Striders, is having it's annual presentation dinner which includes Kerryn McCann as the guest speaker so I arranged to meet Kerry and Deanne for an early morning run. We did a comfortable 7.5km around Centennial Park.

I have now ran for seven consecutive days, and can honestly say the glute injury seems to have recovered and is holding up well with the training. Unfortunately, I had a minor set back with my cold, and I am scheduled for day surgery next week so hopefully all the desruption to training will so be behind me.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey Chicken! I am having withdrawals...2 days and no Bernadett, so had to pop in to top up my quota for the week :-) See you tonight and I am so glad your up and running again!!! It will be fun watching you thre muskaters train for FF....I will definately have the pom poms ready!

Unknown said...

Good news that your old injury (I don't mean Blue Dog!) has improved, Bernie G. Now get rid of the cold & you'll be 100% again! Hope the day surgery is OK too.