Thursday, November 09, 2006

What am I Wringing About?

Katie, Ray, Blue Dog and I arrived nice and early, so Blue Dog suggested we do a warm up through the "woods" today to get him in the zone for GNW. I was lagging behind in the beginning feeling pretty ordinary again today, and was a little apprehensive about the 10 laps of Wild Wally on the program. By the time we on the start line, I was a little worried. By the time I had finished the third lap I felt like crap, Sean asked me how I was going, I just shook my head. I kept going and trying to remind myself to lift my knees higher on the up hill, something Sean always reminds me of. Towards the last few laps I lost count, so I had to keep an eye on Katie to know when to finish. I finsihed the 10 laps in exactly 24:00 minutes. Now the big shock of the day, after checking the stats, this is a 27 second PB for Wild Wally. Now I'm smiling.

In effort to address my issues with my diet and weight, I visited a Sports Dietician on Tuesday, who has given me some great advice, structure and a new focus.

As for the next few days my training is going to be a little scattered, I will be crewing for Blue Dog in GNW so I will have to try to fit the training in around my crewing commitments.

9 comments:

Lulu said...

I hope you and BD have a great weekend at the GNW and that you manage to get some training in.

See you next week to hear all about it.

Clairie said...

Hope you have a wonderful time crewing - it is a very rewarding job as you probably know by now!

Well done on the PB run...amazing how our perception changes things. Just when you think you are not going as well as you hoped a PB shoots out of nowhere.

Becky O said...

Well done on the PB Bernie. It was very tough this morning.

Just got my program through, looks like I'll be joining the 7 days a week club...*gulp*

Hope everything goes well on the weekend.

Tesso said...

Bernie, that is faaaantastic! Don't you just love it when you pull one out of the hat like that. Congrats.

Please give The Dog a huge 'good luck' bear hug from me. Gosh, I'd really love to be out there too ... crewing with you that is!

Superflake said...

Congrats on the hill PB Bernie. Hope you keep Blue Dog inline at GNW. No whinging allowed from him.

2P said...

Congrats on the PB Bernie - maybe you can do some pacing as well as crewing?

Pass on my best to BD for the big dance.

TA and the Gnome said...

I always find it amazing that we can feel so crap and yet turn out a PB. well done on perservering to find out :).

All the best to Wayne at GNW and may you have a fab time crewing. Mark was telling us about his part in the late night pacing. Good luck to all.

TA

Horrie said...

Well done on the PB Bernie. It is a fantastic feeling when you realise that you pulled out such a huge PB. But the brutality of Big Bertha doesn't allow you to enjoy it until it is finished.

Jen said...

Congrats on the PB Bernie. That's a great effort given how you have been feeling of late. I'll be interested to hear how it goes with the change of diet - I've been thinking of going to a sports dietican myself.