Saturday, November 25, 2006

What the ....



Thursday, 23 November 2006

This morning I arrived at SWEAT feeling light headed and questioning why I was even there. I found the answer on the hill reps. I had 7 reps on my program but after 3 I was extremely lightheaded and my legs felt like jelly, I had nothing. I decided to sit out one of the reps and then lined up for my fourth, which was a little quicker but still tragic. I pulled the pin on the session, trying to piece everything together.

Friday, 24 November 2006

MY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

Blue Dog and I both had the day off work to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. We had a beautiful lunch planned so I did the right thing and went for my run in the morning. I just ran my local route and did 6km with an average pace of 5.20/km and felt quite good, which was a nice surprise.

Saturday, 25 November 2006

I went the CR 5K Challenge with the goal of just running the 5k slowly and enjoying the run back with everybody. I did a warm up with Blue Dog, and tried to decide what pace group to run with. I ran with the 28 minute group, which was only me. I felt okay, so I decided to just run comfortable and concentrate on my form and surprised myself with a 24:35 minute finish. This was a nice surprise given how I have been feeling the past week or more. Enjoyed a nice breakfast.

Sunday, 26 November 2006

With the Central Coast Half next weekend Katie, Ray, Kerry, and Belinda came to our house for a nice flat run. We did a total of 18.3km with average pace of 5:44/km which felt pretty good. Blue Dog cut this run a little short and come home and cooked us all a nice breakfast.

2 comments:

2P said...

Congrats on the 5 years Bernie - and on the 5k - nice work ;-)

Clairie said...

Congratulations on the 5 years. That is my parents wedding anniversary as well - they just celebrated 38 years of marriage and still in love!!

Good luck with your training this week. Are you tapering for the half or is the half just going to be a training run?