Thursday, November 02, 2006

Wednesday, 1 November 2006

Both Blue Dog and I had the day off work, so I convinced him to come and join me and the girls for our mid-week run at Centennial. We all have an easy programs this week, so it was just a a leisurely run throughout the different paths and fields. We stopped to inspect the new plants in the garden beds around the lake, and I discovered a statue that I have never actually looked up to see before. We did a total of 7km with an average pace of 5:52/km. It was nice to go home and have a nice breakfast together and share the day together. Blue Dog did tell the girls we were going to have a romantic day together; but buying a lawn mower, housework and gardening is not my idea of romance ;-).

Thursday, 2 November 2006

Again the program called for a relaxed session. I had 2 x laps, 1 x lap of the lake. I went around the first lap in 7:06, Sean then instructed me to pick up the pace in the second. Becky and I worked together on both laps, and finished both laps in 14:01. After a short recovery run it was then time to start the last lap. Again, we were reminded to take it easy if racing on the weekend, I just kept the form good and focused on Katie's cap (still no ribbons) ahead. I finished in 6:56. Finished off with a nice cool down.

Inspired by Katie and after many months of consideration I have finally decided it's time to get a new(er) car. I've had my little car for 13yrs now. Finances are all sorted, I've got my father ready and we are off shopping on the weekend.

2 comments:

Ellie80 said...

i dunno bernie... there's just something about the smell of petrol and freshly cut lawn to make a girl swoon... :)

Becky O said...

Have fun shopping for a new car with your dad on the weekend. Its always good to have a guy with you so you dont get ripped off!!