Tuesday, October 31, 2006

400s

Whenever I read my program and see 400s I know I am in for a tough session, so I arrived early to and did a decent warm-up. By the time Sean had us lined up for our drills and strides there was a huge crowd there today, the squad has had a growth spurt. After Sean explained the track to us, I lined up for 10 x 400s. After the first couple Sean suggested we back off a little to ensure we put in a big effort for the last two, I took his advice. My times were; 1:43, 1:41, 1:44, 1:46, 1:46, 1:49, 1:49, 1:49, 1:41 and 1:38. My previous session of 400s was only 8 reps, but today's slowest reps were the times of my fastest reps for the previous session. So I was very happy. I finished with a nice cool down lap around the lake.

3 comments:

Superflake said...

Excellent session Bernie. Looking good for 10k this Saturday.

Unknown said...

I've got 400's tomorrow!! When I see your times, I think : "Who am I kidding?"

Sending a hug to Blue dog!

Clairie said...

Woo hoo you go girl.

Great session and thats a massive improvement so well done.