Tuesday, June 13, 2006

10 June 2006

Another rainy day but it was not going to rain on my parade :-).

Blue Dog and I went over the Sydney Park for the Cross Country. Blue Dog had suggested he would run with me, and pull out if necessary, after our warm-up it became very clear that I was running on my own. The course is a 2.5k lap, with the option of running a 2.5k, 5k or 7.5k race. I ran the 7.5k, which is always interesting because we all start together and you are never sure who is running what distance so it makes it hard to mark somebody as a pacer. I finished a little slower than my last run (38:14), but I was the second female (out of three, but it still counts).

It's always a tough course, even when though it's a regular training run for me. The track conditions were not great, actually a little slippery on a couple of places.

A few Striders there today, perhaps it's part of our training for next weekend's Cross Country.

11 June 2006

Homebush Hustle STaR. I agreed to met Katie at 6.00am for the STaR, we both had 20km on our programs at a nice comfortable pace. We headed off with the large 6.00am group which always included various paces. We found ourselves being pushed along by another three people, who we soon found out they were only interested in our map reading skills not our company, and were pushing us along a little quicker than we wanted/needed to run. We stopped for a drink and a stretch at approx. 9ks, but they stopped with us. We headed off together for a few more kilometres, until Katie and I stopped for another drink, this time they kept going. We then took off at a more relaxed paced. I was very happy to finish as I felt a little fatigued by the end.

12 June 2006

At this stage Mondays are still rest days.

13 June 2006

It took a while to warm up this morning, I think it was probably one of the coldest morning so far, but it's better then wet (sorry).Today's session was "Windsprints", which was new to me, but when explained it's very simple, Fartlek basically. It was a 4.8km, which we had to sprint the straights and float the bends. I tried to work with Katie as long as I could, but she got away on me, she's definitely returning strongly. I finished in 23:43.

On another note, my weight has finally decided to relocate (sorry to anybody who has found it), so I am very happy.



3 comments:

Katie said...

Great running this morning! That was a tough session, but I like it. It was good to get into a rhythm.
Woo Hoo on the weight loss!!!!!

Superflake said...

The STaR's always have some clowns who don't read the pace of the groups so force the pace in the group they are in. Well done on the weight. I think I know where it went. The dog said he had an extra 2kg since he hurt his foot. Don't let him give it back.

Jen said...

I think I've found it Bernie ;-)