Tuesday, June 06, 2006

It Can Rain on Race Day......

I reminded myself that "it can rain on race day" and headed over to SWEAT. I met Katie and Kerry at the gates and walked to the oval. It wasn't until the final stage of the drills that the rain began.
I had 1 x 2k and 2 x 1200m programmed for today's session, and missed the instruction to 1600m for the last rep instead of 1200m.

My times were:
9.16
5.30
5.33

The track was pretty wet and soggy, but it didn't seem to slow me down too much, my previous best 2km time was 9.28. So everything is heading in the right direction.

With all the rain I finished up feeling very happy with my effort to actual get out in the rain and my running.

BTW, Blue Dog just said to remind everyone how wonderful my husband is ;-).

3 comments:

Horrie said...

Only just caught up with your blog Bernie. That was a great run on Saturday. You are right about your times heading in the right direction. Thanks for reminding us about your husband. How's your mother in law going? She hasn't been posting comments on Flake's blog lately. Hope she is well!

Jen said...

Bernie, can I just say you are one lucky gal. You have such a wonderful husband ;-)

Superflake said...

Great going Bernie, you are just getting faster and faster. Sub 9 next time.