Friday, June 23, 2006

21 June 2006

My second attempt at this post. My computer crashed just as I had completed the update :-(.

I didn't met the girls this morning due to transport issues. Blue Dog and I a juggling work commitments and training commitments with one car at the moment, which is a little difficult given that Blue Dog's a shift worker and the public transport in our areas is crap.

I had planned on running to Sydney Park for a couple of laps of the Park, but it was still quite dark, so I headed to the safety of the gym at work. When I walked in the gym was packed with recruit firefighters making good use of the mirrors and both treadmill were being used. Thankfully, one of the guys knows I'm an "athlete" so he let me use it. Today's plan was 1hr easy (10km). We all know treadmill are boring, however when the maintenance staff are working on the generator, and all power shuts down at least four times it did start to piss me off. One of the guys suggested Blue Dog may have been playing with the electrical circuits....hahaha. I agreed this could be a possibility as he may find me threatening ;-).

Any way I got through 12km in a just over 1hr.

22 June 2006

We were scheduled for Fartlek around the park, but when I saw Sean arrived with his "markers" I knew we were in for a change of plans. Today's session would be Fartlek around a 1k circuit. We did the usual warm up and drills, but I think the surges we a little more relaxed without Sean's supervision (he was marking out the circuit). We finally lined up and were advised some of us would be running 7k, 6k or 5k. I was hoping with Woodford to Glenbrook coming up I would have a shorter option, but Sean was dutifully advising me of how many more laps I had to go each time I ran past him.

I felt like crap this morning and finished the 7km in 35:36. On a positive note, the tightness I have been experiencing behind my knee seems to have disappeared. Happy Days.

2 comments:

blues buffett said...

congrats on sticking with the treadmill - they sure are boring.

I think I'd rather just do some weights - which i tried this morning at the gym, but we all sort of got a little worked up and unfocused (especially when Kewell scored).

BTW, I think you're a month ahead of yourself!

Jen said...

I reckon the Dog is threatened by you, haha!

See you tomorrow!