Sunday, June 04, 2006

Weekend at Bernie's

3 June 2006

Headed over the Striders 10k at Lane Cove with Blue Dog to perform the role of "catcher". It was not as cold as anticipated. There were some pretty good runners out there this morning.

Scarborough Park, Ramsgate in the afternoon for my first ever relay race. I was a little confused and probably drove everybody mad with all my questions. I ran the 3rd leg for the B Team. It was quite nerve racking in the "change over" area waiting for Amanda.

There was a really strong head wind, which was hard work, I recorded my time as 18.47 (not official). I was really pleased as I ran the 4k Cross Country at Scarborough Park in April in 19:58. I hung around and watched the men. The start of the race was a total F&*k up, with at least 30 people heading the wrong way.

4 June 2006

Met Katie, Deanne, Helen and Ali over at Centennial Park, giving the STaR a miss this weekend as we met at 7.00am, so I could have a bit of a sleep in. We then met up with Allison and Kerry for the second lap. Today's run was 19km in approx 1hr 50mins, which felt pretty comfortable, at a nice consistent pace. We finished with some streching, chocolate biscuits and diet coke ;-). Spotted Horrie out training this morning obviously for PCM.

I had nice relaxing afternoon at the movies with Blue Dog, we saw "RV" which gave us a few laughs.

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Well done in the relay Bernie. A 1 minute improvement over that distance in such a short time is fantastic.

Katie said...

How good were the choc biscuits :-) See you tommorow- see you at the gate :-) Hopefully the rain is less.

Jen said...

Congrats on the relay Bernie. That is a huge improvement over such a short period of time!