Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Auto Pilot

I arrived nice and early this morning, and parked in the usual spot and thought I would wait for the girls so we could walk to the oval together. After a couple of minutes, I decided to jog to the oval on my own, I then noticed the gates are open, Allison pulled up and gave me a lift to the oval. At least my legs work at that time of the morning, obviously my brain doesn't.

It was good to see Kerry and I are maintaining our routine of wearing the same outfits, noice.

This mornings session was track, 4 x 1200m on my program. Sean gave us all instructions not to take it out too hard, as we would only be a having a short recovery, and were to complete 4 reps. I lined up with the big guns and took off, finishing the first rep in 5:40, I then thought I had better back off for the next couple. I then completed the three remaining reps, 5:43, 5:40, 5:36. I felt really heavy and slow on the third rep and was surprised with the time. Sean instructed us to dig dip for the 4th rep so I managed to maintain a consistent pace behind Katie for the first 1km, I then decided to "dig deep" and finished with a nice strong last rep.

I left the session this morning feeling really good. I am really enjoying training with the group and the structure of a program.

2 comments:

vat_man said...

Isn't the structured program great? I love having that aspect of my running taken care of for me, just takes the mental intensity out of it, so all I need to focus on is what Sean's put down for me. Doing the speedwork with the group is a big help, too - you get continual feedback because you know roughly who you're running with, plus having Sean handy for advice.

Katie said...

Haha I have had so many ugly speed sessions before I realised it was better to start a little slower and take time off each rep. You had a great last rep! See you tommorow.