Sunday, June 25, 2006

Woodford to Glenbrook

My goal was to improve on my time from last year, 2:21:05. So I had discussed the plan of taking 5 minutes off my time.

We arrived at Glenbrook and met CR Sarge to drop his car off at the finish and we then drove back to the registration centre in my car. All the usual suspects were there huddles around a fire to keep warm. We then walked to the start heading towards the sea of mountain bikes. Stood around chatting for a while waiting for the delayed start. I had found out that Blue Dog had suggest to Uncle Dave I should finish in 2:12, which a little quicker than I had anticipated as I had set my mind on 2:15, but it was something to think about. I always like a challenge.

The race got off to a fairly routine start. I stuck to my race plan of conservative for the first 12km and then pick up the pace in the back half. I really noticed an improvement on the hills today, obviously the benefits of Thursday's hill sessions. I finished in 2:13:55 which is a 7 minute & 50 second PB, I am very happy. Thank god tomorrow is a rest day.

8 comments:

Superflake said...

Congratulations on the PB Bernie. Next year sub 2hr for you.

Dave said...

Well done Bernie!

Your running is going from strength to strength, no doubt due to your very consitent training regime.

Clairie said...

Wow a 7min 50sec PB that's great news. Sounds like a perfect way to finish the weekend.

Hope you are resting up and recovering well today :)

Katie said...

Awesome effort Bernie!!! I bet you will enjoy a rest today :-) You have improved heaps... you should feel proud!

Tesso said...

Congrats on the PB Bernie!!!! Looked like you found a happy medium between yours and The Dog's goal.

Jen said...

Awesome result Bernie - congrats on a huge PB. Thanks also for your support - I can't begin to describe how good it was to be (finally) running with you guys.

Hope you've enjoyed your rest day - I certainly have !

Horrie said...

Great effort Bernie but not surprising. I knew you were going to go sub 2:15 the way you have been running. Good luck at the Gold Coast this week.

2P said...

Congrats on a great PB Bernie - great result ;-)