Friday, June 16, 2006

Unplanned change of Plans

I decided to treat myself this morning, and have a sleep in and go for a short run after work. Lets say the sleep was really good.

Last Sunday, Blue Dog and I had a car "t-bone" us. Although nobody was hurt, it's always an inconvenience. I had to take the care to an assessment centre this afternoon which was earliest date we could get, only to find they wanted to keep the car over the weekend to get it towed away for a mechanical assessment. After a few phone calls and various discussions the insurer agreed to provide us with a hire car over the weekend. Don't these people know we are heading south for a run. After an 1.5 hrs I finally I was provided a lift home.

Unfortunately, it was quite dark and the second car with with Blue Dog who happens to be on night shift, I aborted all ideas of running and the gym. So I decided to bake some cookies for tomorrow's road trip (perhaps I better go for a run).

No comments: