Monday, August 07, 2006

Catching Up.......

Saturday, 5 August 2006

Blue Dog, Katie, and Razor (Ray) and I travelled down to Wollongong together for the ANSW Relays. Thankfully the rain had cleared but we were confronted with strong winds. As Katie, Amanda and I did our warm up Razor went flying past us in this race looking very strong. The female teams were called to the start area and we were all given our instructions. I was running running third leg. I was really pleased with my run, which was a 4km PB of 12 seconds my time was 18:40. I felt really strong and really worked the up hill, I think Thursday hill sessions are definitely assisting. My recent focus on my form is also working, Blue Dog commented how strong I looked. Finished off a great day with a nice Katie and Ray. We were all very hungry after a hectic day and racing, so we were very happy diners.

Sunday, 6 August 2006

Went to the Royal National Park today for my LSD. It is probably one of my favourite runs due the great surface and the beautiful scenery. I only had 2hrs on the program today which was good. I really didn't feel I had any strength today. I suppose it's a combination of my recent illness and possibly feeling a little stressed at the moment. After the run enjoyed a rushed breakfast with the CR crowd.

Monday, 7 August 2006

I enjoyed a nice run this afternoon, just enjoying the simplicity of running. Everything felt great, my breathing seems to be back to it's normal pattern .... a perfect runs. On my way home I notice a man who was running he seemed to have all the gear so I focused on flying past him up the hill, which I did very comfortably. My easy run was just over 7km with an average pace of 5:12/km.

1 comment:

Ellie80 said...

bernie - great work on a huge weekend! especially the PB on saturday!