Wednesday, August 16, 2006

When the alarm went off this morning I really didn't feel like getting out of bed, and was very tempted to just stay there all day, but I dragged myself up and out the door. I had a rather emotional night and then a song come on the radio this morning which brought me to tears so I arrived without my usual smile. We all had 90 minutes on the program today and we just ran at a comfortable pace aware that C2S niggles my still be present. I am very happy I turned up this morning as Katie, Deanne and Helen left me feeling so much better. We did 16km with an average pace of 5:49/km.

After some thought I have decided I won't run Willy to Billy this year. My mother's diagnosis after surgery is not good, and I will be caring for her when she comes home from hospital. I feel that I would be physically and emotionally exhausted. I will continue with my training during this period but I need to be listen to my body at the moment.

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Sending good thoughts your way Bernie. Take care.

TA and the Gnome said...

Very wise Bernie. When you are caring for someone it is easy to soldier on and forget to look after yourself as well. Our thoughts are with you.

TA

Horrie said...

That is a very wise decision Bernie as it is very easy to run yourself down when caring for somebody else.

Lulu said...

Very sorry to read the news about your mother Bernie. I think you've made the right decision in relation to your own well being. Take care of yourself and your mum.