Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Taking it Easy

I went to training this morning still feeling like crap from my cold and was a little emotional when I first arrived. I did the usual warm-up and managed to loose my car key, as I forgot to zip up my back pocket, thankfully "eagle-eye" Katie found it for me. I spoke to Sean before we started to let him know I was sick, so he suggest I just take it easy. I had 5 x 1km reps on my program, but I ran 3 x 1km and 2 x 800. Didn't worry about time at all, but Sean kept reminding me each lap to slow down. I really hate being sick and not putting in a big effort, but I have to remember I have bigger things on the horizon.

2 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

Bernie, It won't be an easy road ahead with your Mum but there will be many times of great joy and laughter amongst the tears. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

TA

Horrie said...

Bernie, I'm very sorry to hear the news about your mum. It was an awesome effort to come to training with a very heavy head cold as well as battling those emotions. Take care.