Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Still is Still Moving

5 February

I decided I had earned a sleep in after my weekend adventures and hit the pavement after work. After arriving home from work and having a good chat to Wayne I finally got out the door. When I first started I felt a little rusty, but I knew a shuffle was what the legs needed. I ended up running 4.5km with an average pace of 5:49/km, nothing grand but it got the blood pumping through the legs.

6 February

I had emailed Sean yesterday to confess I had not stuck to the program and did the complete Six Foot course. Sean was humored that both Katie and I had both emailed him very similar confessions. I had a bit of chat to Sean this morning, and took his advice in the reps, and stuck to the 2 x 2km and 1 x 1km as planned. My first rep was 10:32 with my splits being 5:16 for each. The second rep was 10:20 (splits 5:15, 5:05). I finished the session with 4:48 for my last rep. Definitely no record speeds but happy all things considered.

2 comments:

Clairie said...

Honesty with the coach is the best thing, you did well.

I'm coming down with Tesso for the CR Challenge and to catch up with you all. Will be good to see you again.

Until then, keep up the hard (good!) work. Can't wait to read your 6ft race report. It's going to be a good read.

Superflake said...

Just blame Blue Dog for taking the lead out too far.