Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's Good to Feel Tired

Another dark start to the morning, so it's a good thing I know that park so well I could almost run around it blind folded. After the warm up, drills and strides I could feel a noticeable tight area in my glute, so I decided to not push the session too hard, and concentrate on the bigger goal. I had 1 lap of the lake, followed by 2 laps. I got thought the first lap in 7:00 minutes, and then joined Katie for a recovery jog in between reps. I mentioned to Katie that I felt really tired this morning, and due a couple reason; running my Monday recovery ran far quicker than I should and a little too much at the gym. My 2 laps were average, finishing in 14:28. I had a bit of chat to Sean at the end of the session, who commented how strong I am looking, I advised him I was very tired and he just grinned and said "That's good, that's how distance runners should feel but your looking strong".

Tonight I think I'll have a nice easy night soaking in a hot bath with a nice glass of red and my book.

2 comments:

Superflake said...

And looking strong being tired is a good thing. Six Foot will be a good race for you Bernie.

Bayin said...

Thanks for stopping by, Yeah fitness levels have jumped a lot in the last 7 weeks. I kind of jumped to training 4 days a week to 6 days a week without even realising it. Good luck with 6 foot track hoep everything goes to plan.